Where is javai.dll in JDK 1.2.2 ?

From: Adam Lipscombe <alipscombe_at_ingenta.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 13:26:36 GMT

Folks,

I am trying to use the Oracle oci8 JDBC driver on WinNT.

When I run the test application I get an error saying that the system cannot find javai.dll.
I am using the java.exe with JDK 1.2.2 - the -version flag gives: "Classic VM (build JDK-1.2.2-001, native threads, symcjit)"

javai.dll seems to be present in JDK 1.1.7 that ships with Oracle 8, however there
is no such file in JDK 1.2.2.....

Why is javai.dll required?
Where has it gone in JDK 1.2.2
Does this mean that the oci8 driver cannot be used with JDK 1.2.2 ? (The "thin" all-java driver works fine)

Thanks in advance....

Adam Lipscombe Received on Fri Dec 10 1999 - 07:26:36 CST