Resource limiting profile

From: Pinne <pinne_at_pegit.se>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 13:42:23 +0100

Hi,

Running Oracle 8.0.5 on RH Linux 5.2 and SOlaris 2.6.

Does anyone have any or know where i can find any good examples of profiles that sets reasonable limits for CPU etc.

One of my PL/SQL routines went berserk (inifinte recursion by mistake) and gobbled up all my system up.
I tried the the example they have in the Oracle manual for system_manager and assigned it to my
user:
CREATE PROFILE my_test_profile
LIMIT SESSIONS_PER_USER UNLIMITED

CPU_PER_SESSION            UNLIMITED
CPU_PER_CALL               3000
CONNECT_TIME               45
LOGICAL_READS_PER_SESSION  DEFAULT
LOGICAL_READS_PER_CALL     1000
--PRIVATE SGA                15K
COMPOSITE_LIMIT            5000000;

But when i re-executed the inifinite recursion thing the LIMITS didn't stop that.
I was thinking the CPU_PER_CALL would catch such things.

/CHEERS Received on Fri Dec 10 1999 - 06:42:23 CST