woops

From: Iain Babeu <ibabeu_at_nospam.cadmusgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 22:34:44 GMT

I have a problem which the archives indicate seems to be fairly common but I have not found a definitive enough answer.

Basically, I am trying to connect to a remote Oracle database over the Internet using SQL*net to send the query, Access to write it and the most up to date Oracle ODBC drivers for that portion.

I keep getting various errors staring with ORA-00911 SQL command not ended properly

I have tried a lot of different solution and they all seem to hinge on syntax being different between ODBC rivers , the Microsoft Jet engine, and Oracle having nor hugely compatible naming sequences

Question 1) Is there a general resource on syntax for this problem (just a general guide, I've got SQL stuff coming out of my ears but nothing on this flavor)

Question 2)(more specific) Pass through query

select * from EXAMPLE where "EXAMPLE_END_DT" between 01/01/1992 and 12/31/1997;

I know I need some sort of qualifiers around the dates. In Access this is #. However, this generates illegal character messages from the ODBC Driver. Does anyone know what I should be using:

Question 3) Pass through query

select * from EXAMPLE, EXAMPLE_ANALYTICAL_RESULT where

EXAMPLE.EXMPL_IS_NUMBER=EXAMPLE_ANALYTICAL_RESULT.EXMPL_IS_NUMBER and
EXAMPLW.TFRSAMPL_ST_CODE=EXAMPLE_ANALYTICAL_RESULT.TFRSAMPL_ST_CODE and
EXAMPLE.COMPL_PER_END_DT between #01/01/1993# and #12/13/1997#;

Generates the illegal character now, but earlier generate incorrectly terminated. . .

This is very confusing

Please reply to ibabeu_at_cadmusgroup.com Received on Thu Dec 09 1999 - 16:34:44 CST