Jr. DBA needs help creating a new database in Oracle8 on NT 4.0

From: Richard Hollingsworth <william.hollingsworth_at_hsv.boeing.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 17:01:40 GMT

Hi.

Is the process of creating a new database documented anywhere in Oracle manuals or books?

I've been trying to do this for several days now with no luck. There are just too many pieces to figure it out alone.

For instance, when I try to run a create_db script, they all crash on the "connect internal" statement. Says not enough privilidges or something like that.

Also, what are the minimum files that have to exist before you create the db? (initSID.ora, ctrlSID.ora, etc.)

Anyway, thanks for any help you can offer.

Thanks,
Richard H. Received on Thu Dec 09 1999 - 11:01:40 CST