Re: Oracle, IIS 4.0, FrontPage ODBC Problem

From: B J de Jong <bjdejong_at_hetnet.nl>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 17:40:37 -0800

Carey,

I have the same sort of problem. Connecting to Oracle everything is OK but when I
want to retrieve records with the FetchRow ODBC function things go wrong.

Below the code, it works when connecting to a Access Database (which has the same
structure as the Oracle database) but connecting to Oracle no rows are returned by
the FetchRow function while there are rows available!

Who can help me please?

Berend.

use CGI;
use Win32::ODBC;

sub db_connect
{

    my $DSN='DSN=DEJONG;UID=BEREND;PWD=BEREND';

    my $myDB = Win32::ODBC->new($DSN);
    if (!myDB)
    {

        /* Error handling */
    }
}

my $cgiObject = new CGI;
my $myDB = db_connect(); /* Connection is OK */

$SQLstatement = qq|INSERT INTO PERSON(Name, Email) VALUES ('$Name', '$Email')|;
if ($myDB->Sql(SQLstatement))
{

    /* error handling */
}
/* PERSON is inserted in database */

$SQLstatement = qq|SELECT * FROM PERSON|; if ($myDB->Sql($SQLstatement))
{

    /* Error handling */
}
/* Parsing is OK */

while ($myDB->FetchRow())
{

    /* Show data */
}
/* The call to FetchRow immediately fails (although there are rows in the database)! */