Re: Who is the owner?

From: Joe <Dont_at_Send.Com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 15:30:08 -0000

Thomas

I think I've worked it out now, -you probably do it without thinking-.

My problem was that all production objects/tables were in user ORC and that user was an 'External' user that I couldn't access (on NT) without changing it to a 'password' user.

I could create new objects in the ORC schema but... I couldn't grant privileges on my new objects as I wasn't the owner. Because I couldn't log in as ORC...
I 'discover' that 'all' I had to do was to create a synonym in public, of my object this automatically gives select privileges to my new object. (I wonder what other privileges go with this?)

Any way this is all old hat to you, but thanks for your support Thomas.

Joe Received on Thu Dec 09 1999 - 09:30:08 CST