Can I run SQL Server 7 and Oracle 8i on the same computer?

From: Sir Chive <sirchive_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 21:39:55 -0800

I'm running a copy of SQL Server 7 on NT under fairly light load on a decent departmental server .

We probably have 10 to 20 concurrent connections most of the time. The box is a dual 450 with 384MB and a 4 disk RAID 10 array.

I would like to run Oracle 8i simultaneously on the same machine for developement purposes. The connections to Oracle would be very low, for testing purposes only.

Are there any obvious gotchas? Can both services co-exist peacefully? Is this a really bad idea or will it likely be OK? Received on Wed Dec 08 1999 - 23:39:55 CST