Re: Oracle WebDB

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 20:05:34 -0500

I don't think those products are direct competitors. Designer will let you reverse engineer your current database (if that is what you want) or design a new one. If you can live with the Oracle defaults, Designer will then generate a reasonable amount of front end for you. Developer lets you control your front end to whatever degree you wish (almost). WebDB, now called the Oracle Application Server uses your database and possibly your Developer forms to allow users to come in over a web browser instead of over Oracle client software installed on each client

Van