Re: DBMS_SQL will not work with SQL statement > 32K

From: <michael_bialik_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 20:25:09 GMT

Hi.

 Sorry, but the only thing I can think of is to "break" your long lines  to a number of short ones before calling DBMS_SQL.PARSE.  Thomas Kyte already gave an example to such a call on that thread.

 Michael.

In article <Jzf34.3$BW3.149_at_pm02news>,
  "brian.kalbfus" <brian.kalbfus_at_mciworld.com> wrote:
> I found this conversation enlightening, but my problem is that I have
> package body that is both over 32K and has lines that are over 255
> characters long. The only way I have been able to modify it was with
> Enterprise Manager 2.0.4. I wish I knew how it does it.
>
> Is there a line limit when executing a script? Can you execute a
script
> with a database package?
>
> Are there overloaded interfaces for Oracle 8i's native dynamic sql,
maybe
> with larger lines allowed?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian Kalbfus
>
> michael_bialik_at_my-deja.com wrote in message <8299n8
$mup$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
> >Hi.
> >
> > There is at least 2 possibilities :
> > 1. Use UTL_FILE to generate your trigger source and exec it as SQL
> > script ( I prefer that one ).
> > 2. Look at spec of DBMS_SQL package:
> > PARSE is overloaded. The second version accepts PL/SQL table
> > that contains SQL statement. Each row of that table may contain
> > up to 256 bytes - use it to overcame 32K limit.
> >
> > HTH. Michael.
> >
> >In article <8297ou$lc2$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> > kjhealey_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> >> Is there any way to execute dynamic DDL from PL/SQL when the DDL
> >> statement is larger than 32K?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 08 1999 - 14:25:09 CST