Re: Triggers and DDL

From: <michael_bialik_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 20:16:11 GMT

Hi.

 If you are working with Oracle 8i - use AUTONOMOUS TRANSACTION pragma  for your DDL otherwise check the possibility to use DBMS_PIPE/  DBMS_JOB/DBMS_AQ packages.
 Is it possible to define your table beforhand?  Can you explain your need for dynamic DDL?

 Michael.

In article <82khrc$bha$1_at_ssauraab-i-1.production.compuserve.com>,   Mark Rommelfanger <m.rommelfanger_at_mercmarine.com> wrote:
> I am writing a trigger that fires after insert. I want to use the
information
> inserted to create a temporary table. I was thinking of using the
dbms_sql
> package but when using DDL with dbms_sql it does an implied commit
after the
> prepare executes the statement but commits are not allowed in
triggers. Is
> there another way to accomplish what I want.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 08 1999 - 14:16:11 CST