Need Dynamic Sql Help Please!!

From: Joe Long <joe.long_at_cticallcenter.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 13:27:46 -0600

Every customer at my company has their own set of tables which are exactly the same as the next customer's. Example: each has a commission table which has the exact same column definitions as every other. To process the data, each customer has their own set of identical packages and procedures. I am trying to write one set of packages which will run through each customer's tables and process their data. Since the table names aren't supplied until run time, it requires dynamic sql, which I just can't seem to get a hand on. To do something that takes 5 lines in SQL worksheet seems to take 5 pages of dynamic sql (only a slight exageration there). I figure it has got to be me. Can anyone suggest some REALLY good books or references? I have read all I can find in the on-line manuals that come with Oracle.

Thanks in advance!

Joe long
(Remove no_spam from my address to reply directly) Received on Wed Dec 08 1999 - 13:27:46 CST