Designer 2000

From: Tarek <shufimafi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 18:15:36 GMT

Hi,

I tried agains t oinstall Designer 2000.... I read carefully the Installation guide...
the scenario is this... I am going to be working on a new database project... no tables or database yet... it's a design fomr scratch... So, i created a database for the project, SID = wrhs ("for warehouse"), i used the database assistant to create it... then i created some tablespace for the Designer as instructed by the installation guide! Then i installed the designer on a client, connected to the database then granted the necessary roles to designer2000... viewed privileges, and tablspaces...
and went on to the Install part... when i clicked on istall (in the Repository administrator utility) i got and error telling me that the table/view does nto exist.. the error were generated had the IMP- prefix....
what is the problem?!

Being a not so knowledgeable DBA... i tried to run the catalog.sql script.... but now nothing works... iget the same message even when i click on preview privileges.. and also found out htat all the tablespaces i had created for the Designer were gone except for the Install_Des tablespace...

What am i doing wrong? (other than the fact that i am far from being a DBA yet)

Tarek Received on Wed Dec 08 1999 - 12:15:36 CST