tablespace for prime key index

From: David Zlotchenko <zlotchen_at_voyager.rtd.utk.edu>
Date: 8 Dec 1999 16:05:56 GMT

Can't figure out how to put table space name for the indexes that get created automatically for UNIQUE and PK constraints. Can somebody show an example for Oracle 8.0.6?

I end up issuing two DDLs: one to create a table and then one to alter index rebuild tablespace. However, this works only for named constraints. I tend to name only constraints that will create large indexes. But I would like to keep all indexes in tablespace for indexes. One reason is that I have a fast but rather small disk allocated for the indxs tablespace.

David.

David Zlotchenko
E-mail: zlotchen_at_cs.utk.edu
WWW: http://www.oars.utk.edu/~zlotchen Received on Wed Dec 08 1999 - 10:05:56 CST