rollback segment keeps growing

From: <blop_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 12:32:18 GMT

Hi,

I have a simple perl script that updates about 1 meg of datas in an oracle 8.1.5 DB.

Each time I run the script, the datas are updated indeed but I noticed the rollback segment grows one meg more and is never purged even after restarting the DB !
Eventually I get a "can't extend rbs" error and of course setting it to auto extend wouldn't be a solution as it would end up by filling the entire hard drive.

So how can I purge that RBS and how can I prevent it from keeping outdated datas after the transaction has ended ?

Thanks for any help,

    Arnaud.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 08 1999 - 06:32:18 CST