how to clear a lock on a table

From: David Zlotchenko <zlotchen_at_voyager.rtd.utk.edu>
Date: 7 Dec 1999 17:27:14 GMT

Hi,

I created a problem for myself. I need to do an sqlload with replace option to a table. On ovarage, I put 2 Mln records so it actually takes longer to clear the table than to load it. I use direct load, but still it looks like sqlload does a delete operation enstead of truncate. So I wrote a script that first connects qith sqlplus and does

truncate table tablename reuse storage; exit;

And then I run the sqlload. Only today, I mistakenly ran the sqlload without truncating the table. Once I realised that, I killed the sqlload process (^C in unix) and now I can see my table been blocked:
select * from v$locked_object; reports it with my oracle id and truncate table tablename reports
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00054: resource busy and acquire with NOWAIT specified

How do I clear the lock on the table? Is it sufficient to be the same oracle user to that or this takes a DBA?

Appreciare your help. Thanks. David.

David Zlotchenko
E-mail: zlotchen_at_cs.utk.edu
WWW: http://www.oars.utk.edu/~zlotchen Received on Tue Dec 07 1999 - 11:27:14 CST