How do you create a new database?

From: Richard Hollingsworth <william.hollingsworth_at_hsv.boeing.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 20:29:37 GMT

Hi. Thanks for reading this.

What is the simplist way to create a new database? I'm useing PO8, Oracle Enterprise Manager, and D2K.

I don't want to use the default ORCL instance, I want to create my own called LSI.

Can I do this with the Enterprise Manager?

If not, what are the steps to create a new database, have all the data, init, ect. files and so forth?

None of my books go into any detail about the process.

Thanks,

Richard Hollingsworth
Boeing Received on Mon Dec 06 1999 - 14:29:37 CST