Re: cannot use port 80 in oas

From: Neil Cherry <njc_at_dmc.uucp>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 18:15:33 GMT

On Mon, 6 Dec 1999 15:31:44 +0100, Wim Valgaeren wrote:
>I've installed Redhat 6.0 and Oracle 8i on a clean machine. When I install
>OAS 4.0.7 I cannot use port 80 as the www listener. When I do set it to 80
>it cannot start the www listener. when I set it on 81 it works. Does anyone
>know what might cause this. I haven't installed anything on port 80.

No but the default load of Linux may have an http server running. See if httpd is running (ps ax). To see if anything else is using 80 check with netstat (netstat -na|pg) look under local address, the ones ending in :80 are the trouble makers.

--

Linux Home Automation           Neil Cherry             ncherry_at_home.net
http://members.home.net/ncherry                         (Text only)