Re: very long sqlplus query with implicit view

From: Screamin' Johnny <jrehg_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 14:13:24 GMT

Thanks Michael!

But the problem is, my grouping is only on 2-3 fields, nothing major that stopped anything else. I'm wondering if some humongous decodes in the select statement is what's doing it, since it is performing a calculation and selecting from a range on the fly. (The statement takes up 11 lines, and is repeated 3 times - I think by using a view ahead of time I can get rid of all this and only do it once. Which is probably the right way to go anyway, but any insight on this would be appreciated.)

John

--
Thanks,
The Wild Man

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Dec 06 1999 - 08:13:24 CST