Oracle/Sun Crashing

From: Dave <none_at_nowhere.nothere.oops>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 13:10:31 -0000

Hi, I need help
I have SUN Sparc Centre 2000 running Oracle 7.3.3 As of Friday it is hanging completely. I can't get in to it and have to power it down and bring it back up again. Some details below.

> uname -a

SunOS scs2000 5.5.1 Generic sun4d sparc SUNW,SPARCcenter-2000

/etc/system

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=268435456
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=200
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=200
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=200
set semsys:seminfo_semmap=250
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=500
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=500
set semsys:seminfo_semmnu=500
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=500
set semsys:seminfo_semopm=100
set semsys:seminfo_semume=100
set semsys:seminfo_semusz=256
set semsys:seminfo_semvmx=32767
set semsys:seminfo_semaem=16384

The Machine has 4 cpu's and 256mb ram.

Oracle seems fine, it starts up and SQL Selects still work fine. If I try and build an index it will run for a while and then crash. Clock still ticks but network dies and console hangs up. Stop-A does not work.
Is my Oracle database broken?
How can I tell.
My Oracle tables are big, 2 tables of 40 million rows.

Any help please!!
dave_at_scsdirect.co.uk Received on Mon Dec 06 1999 - 07:10:31 CST