Re: oracle oci driver error

From: alex <is80029_at_cis.nctu.edu.tw>
Date: 6 Dec 1999 07:55:10 GMT

: if ORCL is the sid -- its incorrect syntax ...

	In thin driver I use sid ORCL worked, but in oci8 should I use
          extproc instead ?
	Can you show me the right syntax ?
	And if I should fix some sections in tnsnames.ora and listener.ora ?

	Are the following right or wrong ?
	1.oci8 uses ipc protocol?
	2.right syntax like below:
	  jdbc:oracle:oci8:@(description=(address=(protocol=ipc)(key=pnpkey))
                                         (connect_data=(sid=extproc)))
        3.In tnsnames.ora bellow lines are needed
          extproc_connection_data = (DESCRIPTION =
                                    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = PNPKEY))
                                    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = extproc))

: if its a TNSNAMES.ora entry and setup properly there -- you should be
: ok ...

        4.In tnsnames.ora, are the following lines right?
          (DESCRIPTION =
          (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = PNPKEY))
          (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = extproc)))

	I really thank your help!

	alex