Re: Oracle Install Major Problem

From: Tarek Zeineddine <garfieldx_at_cyberia.net.lb.removex>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 02:20:50 GMT

Thank you van,
i am sure i am going ot need your explanation, once, someone answers my first question! :)
My problem at the moment is that i can;t make Oracle Installer to work (not just Designer 2000)
I know i made lotsa mistakes when i tried to download Designer...

1- I went to the server put the Designer CD (without reading any manuals) and began setup
2- At some point Installer said that it needed to clsoe some ORACLE services, and i clicked on yes

3- ORACLE installer faced a problem while shuttign down ORacle Web service
4- ORACLE Installer stopped responding....
5- after 5 minutes, i pressed CNTRL ALT DEL... and ended Installer
6- Computer stopped responding (NT)
7- Waited 10 minutes... nothing, i switched the server off...
8- Start up server
9- Shutdown services manually

10- Install designer again... Choose option to control where desigenr installs...
11- Choose the seeded option (hey, i am no expert)
12- Change all default directory for Designer from C:\orant to D:\orant
13- Half way through installation ORACLE propmts me about an instance called
D703.. i instruct oracle to install it again
14- To my shock... oracle terminates before finishing download...
15- i try to run installer again... but in vain
16- I get the eror message INVALID REGISTRATION FILE

again,

HELP!!! tarek Received on Sat Dec 04 1999 - 20:20:50 CST