Re: Extended Procedures with 8i Client

From: mgumbs <mgumbsNOmgSPAM_at_hotmail.com.invalid>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 08:15:23 -0800

Its probable that your tnsnames.ora and listener.ora have not been configured correctly.
There is a document on oracle MetaLink about 'External Procedures' which tells you about possible causes for that error. Also, there are a few things between the tnsnames and listener ora files which need to be 'in sync' with each other.

Also, is oracle installed on your client machine? If you are connected to your local installation, external procedures needs to be set up on the client as well.

Mark