Re: Multiple Instances - when do you use them?

From: jalil.zabourdine <jalil.zabourdine_at_libertysurf.fr>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 10:59:52 +0100

Yes, also to increase performance. This method called Parallel server, running multiple intances that SHARE a single physical database. eg : Parallel server allows access to a single database by the users on multiple machines with increased of peformance.

PS : Parallel server architecture is dangerous.

Pirathong
jalil.zabourdine_at_libertysurf.fr