Re: Multiple Instances - when do you use them?

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 00:47:42 -0500

Two sets of circumstances where I have seen multiple instances on a server.

  1. To separate production, test, and development environments when only one server is available.
  2. To assure the integrity of unrelated applications which are running on the same server.

hth
jerry gitomer

<19991203231445.25725.00000458_at_ng-fx1.aol.com>...