Re: Miniumum Oracle setup

From: Kevin O'Gorman <kevin_at_trixie.kosman.via.ayuda.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 14:01:44 -0800

Paul Andrews wrote:

> As a non-Oracle DB developer, I'm thinking of giving Oracle a whirl. Is
> Oracle8i the way to go? How much is this going to cost me as a single
> developer here in the UK?
>
> Paul

Depends. Maybe nothing but resources on your computer. The following is true at least for Linux installations, maybe others as well.

8i is available for download with a license that allows certain uses without charge. I suggest you try the download at least far enough to read the license. If your use falls within the license, you may not be out of pocket at all.

Try http://technet.oracle.com -- registration is required, but is also without charge.

--
Kevin O'Gorman (805) 650-6274 kogorman_at_pacbell.net At school: kogorman_at_cs.ucsb.edu
Permanent e-mail forwarder: Kevin.O'Gorman.64_at_Alum.Dartmouth.org Received on Fri Dec 03 1999 - 16:01:44 CST