Re: Help with PL/SQL

From: <michael_bialik_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 20:43:04 GMT

Hi.

 FUNCTION split_strsan(p_amt_field in out NUMBER,

                  p_StrSanAmts in out StrSanDat,
                  p_sub in NUMBER,
                  p_StrSanData in out StrSanTab) RETURN BOOLEAN   IS

  t_answer      BOOLEAN := NULL;

 BEGIN
 < Assign value to t_answer>

   RETURN t_answer;
 END split_strsan;

 HTH. Michael.

 P.S. It is NOT a good idea to use IN OUT parameters in function.

In article <82975a$kt5$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   amerar_at_ci.chi.il.us wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am not well versed in PL/SQL so maybe someone can help me. I am
> trying to pass some variables to a function and, I want those
variables
> returned from the function, since the function modifies the variables.
>
> Here is the declaration of my variables:
>
> type StrSanRec IS RECORD (
> v_adm_cost NUMBER := 0,
> v_off_amt1 NUMBER := 0,
> v_off_mis1 NUMBER := 0,
> v_off_amt2 NUMBER := 0,
> v_off_mis2 NUMBER := 0,
> v_off_amt3 NUMBER := 0,
> v_off_mis3 NUMBER := 0);
> type StrSanTab IS TABLE OF StrSanRec index by binary_integer;
> v_StrSanData StrSanTab;
>
> type StrSanDat is table of NUMBER index by binary_integer;
> v_StrSanAmts StrSanDat;
>
> v_amt_field NUMBER :=0;
> v_sub NUMBER :=0;
>
> Here is the call to my function:
>
> x:=split_strsan(v_amt_field, v_StrSanAmts, v_sub, v_StrSanData);
>
> And here is the beginning of the function:
>
> FUNCTION split_strsan(p_amt_field in out NUMBER,
> p_StrSanAmts in out StrSanDat,
> p_sub in NUMBER,
> p_StrSanData in out StrSanTab) RETURN BOOLEAN
IS
> BEGIN
> .
> .
> .
>
> I get the following error:
>
> PLS-00503: RETURN <value> statement required for this return from
> function
>
> Any ideas? Is my syntax incorrect? Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Arthur
> amerar_at_ci.chi.il.us
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Dec 03 1999 - 14:43:04 CST