TNS listener failure... help needed

From: Rick Turner <ymw18_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 16:07:43 -0000

Folks,

I'm unable to get remote logins to an 8.1.5 database working. Tracking the problem through shows that the TNS listener is failing to start. The Oracle error messages are just generic Net8 ones, so I've run trace on the "lsnrctl start" command. The bottom line error message that comes out is a "32 bit windoze error - no such file or directory".

Anybody got any idea what file/directory it's looking for? I've tried looking on the Oracle web site for info but found nothing relevant.

I can connect to the instance locally and it seems to be up and running ok. Similarly, TCPIP on the host seems to be working ok as well, and there is nothing untoward in the windows (NT4) system/application logs.

Rick Received on Fri Dec 03 1999 - 10:07:43 CST