Re: OCI 8 :- ORA-24370 on piecewise (callback) insert.

From: Tom Fosdick <tom_at_easysoft.FISH.com>
Date: 3 Dec 1999 12:44:54 GMT

Tom Fosdick <tom_at_easysoft.fish.com> was responsible for:
: I'm at my wits end on this one. I have a situation where I need to insert a LONG,
: and rather than using the polling method I thought I'd try using callbacks, except
: when the callback executes I get "ORA-24370: illegal piecewise operation attempted"
: returned from OCIStmtExecute. This would appear to indicate that SQLT_LVB is not a
: valid type for a piecewise insert.

I was reading this back to check that it had posted OK and the thought drifted accross my mind that SQLT_LVB is actually LONG VARRAW and not LONG RAW and that the manual doesn't actually say that LONG VARRAW is a valid type for piecewise operations.

Hand > staple > forhead.

I changed everything to LONG RAW and sure enough it now appears to be working... or rather will do when I work out a better algorithm for setting piecep. --
-Tom Fosdick
Software Developer, Easysoft Limited.
tom (at) easysoft (dot) com
Do not be fooled by the FISH. Received on Fri Dec 03 1999 - 06:44:54 CST