Re: Memory Config on Linux

From: Cooper <cooper_at_linuxfan.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 10:50:13 +0100

Joerg Lanzinger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> if you really need to adjust this setting (for my SuSE distr. they're alll
> ok), you'll have to compile a new kernel. I don't know the *.h files to
> alter by har, but I think "grep" will find them for you.
>
> HTH
> Jörg
>
> Joe Maliszewski schrieb:
>
> > I am using Slackware 4. Kernel 2.2.6.
> > I am trying to set up Oracle8 on this machine. Part of the install step
> > is setting Kernel parameters. Oracle calls it SHMMAX, SHMMIN, SHMMNI,
> > SHSEG, SEMMNS, SEMMNI and SEMMSL. How can I set these?

The files are in ./include/asm-<platform>/ (relative to the location where you installed the linux kernel sources) called shm.h and shmparam.h

Recompile and you're set.
Apparently you can set SHMMAX on the fly by changing a file in /proc but on the systems I had here this file wasn't present. I think it was /proc/sys/kernel or something like that. You need SysCtrl in the kernel to have the dir.

Tom Wirschell
--
People like Blood Sausage too. People are Morons!

        Phil Connors, Groundhog Day Received on Fri Dec 03 1999 - 03:50:13 CST