Re: Q: Oracle 8i Lite How to...

From: Harlin Setiadarma <harlins_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 10:24:56 +0700

On Thu, 02 Dec 1999 09:46:53 GMT, allasrosa_at_hotmail.com wrote:

Well, actually Oracle 8i Lite DO NOT have an SID. You must connect via ODBC.
I think it's setup program already create an ODBC Entry named POLITE. FYI, Oracle 8i Lite do not have triggers, but there is Java StoredProc.

Regards,
Harlin Setiadarma

>Hi,
>
>I've downloaded and installed Oracle8i Lite into my
>PC which is running Win95 OSR2. My problem is, I donno
>what to do after I've made a new database. I can't
>connect to it with SQLPlus. I know that I should set
>up things like Connection, Service, Connection Protocol
>(? mine is a local database), SID, blah blah blah...
>What should be the procedure to make them done?
>Hope u can help.
>
>Thanx!
>

>Rgds,
>Allas
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

You see but you do not observe,
You hear but you do not observe.
-- Thomas Sherlock Scott Holmes Received on Thu Dec 02 1999 - 21:24:56 CST