Re: Logs

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 23:36:12 +0100

If you would like to prevent him from modifying it (which for me implies you don't trust that employee) he should get a shell of any sort and not be able to get into svrmgr. Which basically means he has his hands tied on his back and can't do anything when real disaster occurs.
Also, if you really want to 'capture all changes' you have to implement the trigger solution, and you will create a tremendous amount of data (not information) you simply are not going to look into (or until months after 'something' occurred). Speaking from experience of course!

Best regards,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA