Re: Duplicating a Database on the same machine

From: MohammedB <mohammedbNOmoSPAM_at_iadb.org.invalid>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 10:51:43 -0800

Scott,

I'm pretty much in the same situation as you. Small databases, can be shutdown at night. Basically, we clone from production to development and the idea is to shutdown the prod db, copy the datafiles to the dev location and then do a startup nomount, create controlfile file set database name "DEV" etc....

This takes all of about 30 to 40 minutes depending on the size of the datafiles.

Let me know if you want specfics.
hth

mkb