Re: Foxpro, Oracle cascading update triggers

From: Alan Shein <alanshein_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 12:28:11 -0500

I think there are some timing issues with ODBC and triggers and a given application. The triggers don't fire until the commit, so perhaps this is the source of the problem. I've had some problems with ODBC and triggers, but there is usually some way around it. It depends on the way your application works. For example, when using a trigger to populate a sequence value, I cannot see the new value until I re-query (I'm using Lotus Approach). Sorry, I don't use Foxpro, so I can't give you specifics.