Re: External Procedure from PL*SQL problem

From: <yitbsal_at_statcan.ca>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 16:39:09 GMT

In article <3845EE82.154ADC47_at_softconinc.com>,   "David A. Greer" <dgreer_at_softconinc.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have problems getting my external procedures work. I created a
shared
> library using C, then created an alias for the library and finally
the
> external procedure in the database. When I try to execute the
procedure
> I get ORA-6522: unable to resolve external procedure "Whatever". I am
> using "Whatever" to represent the "C" function that is being called.
> know for a fact that "Whatever" exists in the shared libary - I did a
nm
> extproc.so | grep whatever and found it there. The externalproc
process
> is running - I can see it from ps. I am running on HP-UX 11.xx and
> Oracle 8.0.5. I did go through this same process on Windows NT/Oracle
> 8.0.5 and it works fine.
>
> Any idea where to go from here?
>
> Thanks,
> David Greer

Have you set up the listener with the following in listener.ora:

    (SID_DESC =

      (SID_NAME = extproc)
      (ORACLE_HOME = /apps/oracle/product/8.1.5)
      (PROGRAM = extproc)

    )

and in tnsnames.ora,

EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS =

      (PROTOCOL = IPC)
      (Key = AX))
    (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SID = extproc)

    )
  )

Salaam Yitbarek

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Dec 02 1999 - 10:39:09 CST