Re: Can't Grant "select"

From: Andrew Williamson <andrewweb_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 16:14:53 -0000

Better off actually finding out who owns the view. If it is orc and you don't have the password, then connect as a dba and alter the orc password. Then, reconnect as orc and grant all privileges to dba.

I fell into the same trap - my way of thinking is that system in oracle is equivalent to root in unix. Wrong! Because you are dba, you DON'T automatically get superuser rights to everything. You need to be given them.

AW