Where is the software to install ODBC ?

From: Wolfgang Hege <wohege_at_rxsoft.de>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 14:21:19 +0100

After successful installation of Oracle8 on Linux I would like to connect to it from my WinNT machine via ODBC. Sounds very easy, but until now I did not get the required software.

I downloaded the ODBC-Driver from Oracle, but his requires Oracle Installer and Net8. The ODBC-Driver from Microsoft also requires Net8. So where do I get this software from? The only thing I could find at technet.oracle.com was a 260MB(!!)-download for the complete enterprise edition of Oracle8-Server for NT.

Please let me know, which software can be used to get ODBC for Oracle running without downloading and installing megatons of Oracle software.

Wolfgang.

--

Wolfgang Hege      RxSoft GmbH
                   Lilienthalstr. 25