Re: Oracle 8 size + performance

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 20:09:38 +0800

Tim Read wrote:

> We are thinking of using Oracle 8 (enterprise version) for Linux to manage
> data from our research group. I would therefore like to know:
>
> 1. How big is the Oracle instalation on a UNIX platform (approx.)?
> 2. We have about 500 Megs of data to store in the database. Will it respond
> ok with this amount of data inside?
>
> Many thanks for any help or suggestions anyone can give. I woukld appreciate
> answers by email if at all posible.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tim (tread_at_flog.uned.es)

(Very) Approx: 500M for binaries

        200M for "empty" database
        x Mb for your data

Many people have databases smaller than yours, many have much larger then yours - in both cases, some of them have performance problems, some of them don't...

Design/implement/tune your database/server correctly and you won't have any problems...

HTH
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Wed Dec 01 1999 - 06:09:38 CST