PL/SQL -> ADO cursors / recordsets?

From: <j_v_schmitt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 19:13:37 GMT

Hi,

I'd much prefer not to use M$ stuff, but you know about bosses...

IIS webserver on NT, trying to read recordsets that are returned by Oracle 8.05 PL/SQL. It seems that RDO syntax is "obsoleted" by ADO in IIS 4.0.

The http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/ site was good and informative, and allowed me to build the right packages / PL/SQL on the Oracle tier. However, I'm still feeling like I'm re-inventing a simple wheel trying to get recordsets returning to the IIS webserver using ADO connections.

Any sample code / hints would be greatly appreciated. I'd really hate to have to revert to custom SQL for each qry, since this would drag my web-app down compared to the efficiency of PL/SQL.

thx,
John
(Web||DB)&&(Dev||Admin)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 01 1999 - 13:13:37 CST