Oracle:Perl : Oraperl : DBI

From: <dlugozma_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 23:02:08 GMT

I'm trying to find out the best way to interface perl with an Oracle database. Currently there is Oraperl available and DBI I'd like to be able to use this on an Oracle8i database. I understand that Oraperl has been around for awhile is this outdated? I have a few questions though. 1. What is the difference between Oraperl and DBI?
2. I would like to use Oraperl.. is there any advantage to using DBI?
3. I think using the Oracle Perl cartrige is a good solution to use this.. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help... Anything would be appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 30 1999 - 17:02:08 CST