Re: How to recover datafiles without archive logs?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 19:58:46 +0100

The only other two options you have is restore the last cold backup and issue an alter database open resetlogs
(and anything that happened after that cold backup is 'lost' forever) or import the data from an export, but I have a feeling you're not making exports also.

Sorry,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
Tyson Bigler <bigler_at_shellus.com> wrote in message news:EjP04.71824$5W2.1994534_at_news6.giganews.com...
> I have two datafiles that I had to take offline due to a disk problem (I
> needed the rest of the db up). The same disk was brought back online and
> tried to do bring the datafiles back online. However, we are running in
No