Re: how to initialize sqlplus settings?

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 14:01:58 GMT

A better method is to create an environment variable called SQLPATH. Add any directories (seperated by ';') that you place your scripts in. This way you don't have to include the path with the script name (as long as the script is in one of the directories specified in SQLPATH). Then put the login.sql file in one of those directories. Whenever you launch SQL*Plus, if LOGIN.SQL is not found in the current directory, it will find it in the path.

HTH,
Brian