How to recover datafiles without archive logs?

From: Tyson Bigler <bigler_at_shellus.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 06:24:37 -0600

I have two datafiles that I had to take offline due to a disk problem (I needed the rest of the db up). The same disk was brought back online and I tried to do bring the datafiles back online. However, we are running in No Archive Mode because the data is pretty static. So, to take the files offline I had to do a 'offline drop'. Now I'm unable to bring them back online because it thinks it needs to do media recovery. I've tried to 'recover datafile', but it prompts for a non-existent archive log (remember we're not running in archive mode). I've even tried 'recover database until', but it still wants a log!! Is there _any_ way that I can bring these two files back online (forcefully)?? While it's true that the data is static, it'll be painful if I have to reload that tablespace (about one week of CPU time)...

Any help is _greatly_ appreciated!

Thanks!

--

Tyson Bigler                Shell Technology Exploration & Production Co.
Infrastructure Support      Bellaire Technology Center