Date datatype

From: Chi Sim Tang <chisim_at_amoeba.com.sg>
Date: 1999/11/29

Hi,

I am doing manual migration from MSSQL 7.0 to a Oracle 8i database (the beta migration workbench tool kept spewing JREW errors ..)

I am aware of some datatype incompatibilities from the migration workbench doc, but it does not talk indepth about how to handle date/time types.

I am using ASP scripts to insert records via ODBC from the SQL database to the Oracle database. I have a DATE column in a table but it kept saying error not a valid month. Specifically, I need to insert datetime records of the format MM/DD/YY HH:MM:SS AM eg. "11/29/99 5:31:25 PM". Oracle, even in SQLPlus, does not accept this.

Am I missing anything?

Does anyone have any experience doing the migration this way? Any heads-up would be really appreciated! :) Received on Mon Nov 29 1999 - 00:00:00 CST