Re: Req: Help with Oracle 8i Patch

From: Greg McCann <gregm_at_well.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 15:13:41 -0800

Steve wrote:

> thanks for reading this. 8i installed fine on my Linux RH6.1 system. Now I
> want to apply the patch linux_81501, but I can't get that thing to work.
> First of all it wanted me to set the ORACLE_HOME, which I did with
> the set command from withhin the patch directory. The error message was
> 'Missing Patch Files'. The tgz file extracted fine, so the files should be
> there. Since I am new to this I am wondering what I am missing, any input is
> appreciated.

I can't verify this from my own experience Steve, but I'm about to install the patches myself and I read that you must be sure to unzip the patches into a separate directory because the installer counts the number of files in the directory and will not proceed without the correct number. Again - I can't verify this. It just seemed like it might be applicable.

HTH, Greg Received on Mon Nov 29 1999 - 17:13:41 CST