Re: A question of SQLJ

From: William Evans <william.evans_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 20:15:16 +0000

Lei Hu wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have a problem in using SQLJ. When I type the command in DOS prompt:
> sqlj file_name.sqlj
> to launch the sqlj translator, it displays the following message:
> Error in sqlj stub: invalid argument
>
> I think I've set the environment variables properly. I did it according to
> the online document.
>
> I'm useing Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.5 for MS Windows NT, and
> JDK 1.1.8.
>
> Can anyone help please?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Lei

I have recently been using SQLJ and I have found an error in the documentation. Where the JBuilder documentation shows a () in the sqlj statement they actually mean []. (or the other way round, I can't remember) The pdf file has the correct syntax. This may not be the only error, so where in doubt don't assume the examples are always correct (as I did and wasted around 4 hours). In this case it has to do with specifying contexts in which to execute.

This could be your problem. Received on Mon Nov 29 1999 - 14:15:16 CST