OCI errors and ORA-00000

From: Sundar Raman <cybertoast_at_mindless.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 22:39:30 +0900

I've got a problem that is cofusing me quite a bit. My program uses OCI 7.3 calls, such as oopen(), oparse(), obndrv(), etc. I've got a situation where my application crashes due to it thinking that an error has occurred in code like below:

     if (oparse (&(cursor.cda), sqluser, (sb4) - 1, DEFER_PARSE,
              (ub4)VERSION_7))
     {
      text msg[600];
      sword rv;
      rv = oerhms(cursor.lda, cursor.cda.rc, msg, 600);
      printf ("Database: sqluser "
              "oparse failed (%.*s)", FunctionName, WorkerID, rv, msg);

      if (oclose(&cursor.cda))
      {
       printf ("WARNING: %s: (WID %ld): (Database): "
               "oclose1 failed",
               FunctionName, WorkerID);
      }
      return(SQL_ERROR);
     }

Problem is that the message code is ORA-00000 which should mean that no error happened. How is it that oparse() thinks that the call failed? Do I have to now do a check for the return status also, just to check to see if the call failed and if the return code is a success?

Why is this the case?

Thanks a lot for your help. Received on Mon Nov 29 1999 - 07:39:30 CST