Re: Blank spaces in Oracle

From: <rock_cogar_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 14:00:28 GMT

I see the exact same thing in data imported to Oracle 8.1.5 from SQL- Server 7.0 and/or Access 97. I have no simple solution other than making heavy use of the rtrim(), lower() and upper() functions.

In article <81trj0$71d$1_at_lola.ctv.es>,
  "Carlserra" <carlserra_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I have a problem.
>
> I exported a lot of data from SQL Server to Oracle. In SQL Server the
> expression 'CARLOS' is the same as 'CARLOS '. The second
expression
> have 7 blank spaces but SQL Server thinks that the expressions are
> identical. But, In Oracle these expressions are different.
>
> What can i do with the great amount of data?. I have a lot of SQL
statements
> with select, insert... I don't want to modify then.
> Exists any configuration or flag to configure Oracle to work, in this
case,
> like SQL Server?
>
> Thank you
> CARLSERRA.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 29 1999 - 08:00:28 CST