Re: Case sensitive ORACLE

From: Alexander Jerusalem <alexander.jerusalem_at_chello.at>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 12:18:37 GMT

Meanwhile I have found something in the Oracle documentation in the NLS section:

Case-Insensitive Sorting

You can create a function-based index which allows case-insensitive searches. For example:

SVRMGR> CREATE INDEX case_insensitive_ind ON my_table(NLS_UPPER(empname)); SVRMGR> SELECT * FROM my_table WHERE NLS_UPPER(empname) = 'KARL';