Error on v_CursorID := DBMS_SQL.OPEN_CURSOR ?

From: David Pattinson <dpattinson_at_enternet.com.au>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 18:44:27 +1100

All,

I get the following error when attempting to execute my stored procedure which contains the line "v_CursorID := DBMS_SQL.OPEN_CURSOR;" I have declared v_CursorID as INTEGER.

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-01001: invalid cursor
ORA-06512: at "DBMS_SYS_SQL", line 480
ORA-06512: at "DBMS_SQL", line 19
ORA-06512: at "DAVID.SP_POPULATE_DEFAULT_GROUP", line 55
ORA-01403: no data found
ORA-06512: at line 1

Any Ideas? I tried qualifying DBMS_SQL with SYS, but it made no difference. I'm certain this is the offending statement as I've isolated it using raise error.

Thanks, David. Received on Mon Nov 29 1999 - 01:44:27 CST