urgent>> SQLLDR question!

From: <ben_heuer_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 11:58:55 GMT

Hello folks..

I am using SQLLDR to upload into a table. The data looks like this:

123456 1234
123457 2
123458 34

I am using the FIXED format LOAD INTO syntax but as you notice the second column (which is four coulmns long - position no. 8 to 11) is right justified. I wish to justify it to left!!

The column type of the second column is VARCHAR2. How can I remove the left spaces before loading the data? LTRIM doesnt work!!

I'd really be obliged if someone could help!!

Thank you
Ben!

:: BEN HEUER ::
http://www.living-in-belgium.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Nov 28 1999 - 05:58:55 CST